Being overweight most of my entire life, weight loss has been my resolution every year! I'm tired of not feeling healthy or comfortable in my own skin. I'm ready to change for good! Two years ago, I became very depressed, so much so that food was not an option. I would work, drink a bottle of wine or two and sleep. This went on for about 2 months. I was 230 lbs or so and lost about 70 lbs in those couple of months. Needless to say, I was pretty thin. When I came out of my depression and started eating again, I packed on the pounds rather quickly. I am now up to 190 lbs and feel gross. I'm lethargic, my back and joints ache AND I can't fit into half of my clothes anymore! Definitely not a good feeling to know that I'm closer to my heaviest weight than I've been in two years.
Gym memberships are so expensive, but I ended up joining a gym anyway. A friend of mine talked me into it and I feel that it's one of the best decisions I've made in awhile, well, besides buying a new pair of boots for this fall! I've been going for the past two months for at least 3 days a week. I can already see the difference in my legs and feel how much stronger I've become. Having a friend to push me and work with me is such a blessing! I've been using exercise as an excuse to eat whatever I want, but I don't workout enough to do that, so I have decided to try the Paleo Diet. It's not as bad as I thought. I mean, I can't eat pasta, mashed potatoes, sweets or dairy but hey, so far so good. I started Monday and I'm down 3 lbs already. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. As of today, 37 lbs to go!

I can't wait to keep reading your posts Ash! I am on the same journey, if only we weren't 2000 miles away! Love you! Rachel
ReplyDeleteThanks Rach! Much luck to you!! I wish we were closer!
ReplyDelete